How Snuggs Work
Are you into SNUGGS?
Boot Snuggs were born in December of 2017. After the purchase of 2 pairs of expensive boots, and being unable to make them fit comfortably with most shoe inserts in my possession, I decided to concentrate on this problem. The boots fit great when standing still, but were not comfortable to walk in. I experienced what I call foot fatigue when I walked in them.
After several weeks of off and on thinking about possibilities, I woke up one morning with an idea. Later in the day, I sketched, cut and sewed the first set of Boot Snuggs. I brought in the Ugg boots and inserted the appliance on top of the bend of my ankle, inside my sock. Problem solved, and I could walk around without foot slippage, and they were comfortable!! Although the focus was this one pair of boots, I soon started trying these inside my other boots, shoes, and clogs. Previously I used heavy socks in these boots/shoes/clogs, some I used ball-of-foot inserts, and some had full shoe pads in them. All in an effort to keep my feet from moving in shoe, causing foot fatigue, as I generally walk a lot in a day.
After I started using my Boot Snuggs inserts, I soon found that they address the following:
1) Keep foot from sliding forward and causing toes to crush in toe space. (Also great for runners and athletes – helps prevent “Runners Toe”.)
2) Enable people to wear higher heeled boots without gaps at heel. Walk with confidence!
3) Enable women with narrow heels to wear boots, without purchasing expensive narrow sizes.
4) Eliminates the need for foot pad inserts for women with low arches. Foot pads push up the arch, but also push up toes in toe space, causing another problem. The same for heel space; foot pads push up heels out of heel “pocket”, causing slippage.
5) Keeps foot in place! Achieve the same fit over time as when you tried on the shoe. No sliding forward, and as shoes stretch out, maintain the snug fit.
6) As shoes stretch over time, ankle space widens as well. Boot Snuggs solve this.
7) Many women/men have different-sized feet. The inserts can be used in one shoe only, as needed.
8) Eliminates the need for uncomfortable ball-of-foot inserts.
9) Help prevent ankle roll for people with narrow ankles, keeping the space snug.